Min Pechaya Speaks Out After Bail Granted, Confident in Her Innocence—Truth is Truth
Acclaimed Thai actors Yuranun Pamornmontri and Pichaya Wattanamontri were granted bail on April 27, 2025, in connection with a fraud case involving the Di-Icon Group, with each posting a 1-million-baht bond. Pichaya expressed gratitude to the court and maintained her innocence, while her lawyer explained that the court approved bail due to lack of flight risk and their consistent denial of charges. The next court hearing for witness and evidence examination is scheduled for July 20, 2025.
On April 27, 2025, at the Criminal Court on Ratchadamri Road, prosecutors filed charges against acclaimed actors Yuranun Pamornmontri and Pichaya Wattanamontri as defendants in the Di-Icon Group fraud case. Both defendants' lawyers submitted bail requests with collateral for temporary release during trial. The court found that prosecutors had previously issued a non-prosecution order for both defendants, who were subsequently released. However, prosecutors later refiled charges on the same grounds. The court determined that since both defendants appeared as scheduled, showed no signs of fleeing or tampering with evidence, and prosecutors did not oppose bail, temporary release was warranted despite the court's previous denial during investigation due to changed circumstances. However, given the numerous victims and high damages, the court set bail at 1 million baht per person, imposed travel restrictions outside Thailand except with court permission, and required notification to the DSI.
Pichaya stated she was grateful to the court and the justice system for giving her the opportunity to fight her case outside detention. Her lawyer Thanakorn Waekwari explained that the court approved bail because there were no flight risk indicators and the defendants consistently denied the charges. Although they initially submitted 3 million baht in collateral, the court set the bail amount at 1 million baht with conditions prohibiting international travel without court approval and mandatory court appearances.
When asked about overseas charges under investigation, Thanakorn said they had not yet received formal notification. Regarding trial preparation, he noted that the next witness and evidence examination is scheduled for July 20, 2025. He clarified that their case stemmed from Di-Icon but involved a shorter period of Pichaya's participation as a presenter from 2566-2567, and they do not expect their case to be consolidated with the original Di-Icon case.
Pichaya reaffirmed her innocence and stated she has never rested or stopped maintaining her integrity throughout this ordeal. She expressed hope for justice for all parties, saying she trusts in the court's fairness. She emphasized that while this situation has impacted her heavily from the beginning, she is prepared to face the legal process. "Truth is truth," she said, noting that regarding matters she was not involved in, she knows nothing just like everyone else, and awaits the truth to emerge.