Lanta & News
No. 01 · ENDLESS
National

3 Key Factors Why Taking Collagen Long-Term Shows No Results: Nutritionists Reveal Most People Are Doing It Wrong

Most people taking collagen supplements see no results because they're using incorrect methods—experts recommend taking small-molecule peptides on an empty stomach with vitamin C and protein, and avoiding habits like excessive sugar and smo

24 Apr Khaosod

Many people take collagen supplements regularly but notice that after taking it for a long time, they see no results. Nutritionist Zhang Weici explains that the real issue isn't whether you're taking collagen or not, but whether you're taking it correctly. She has identified three key principles for collagen to be effective:

1. Choose small-molecule collagen peptides to allow your body to absorb it better 2. Take it on an empty stomach or before bed to increase absorption efficiency 3. Take it together with vitamin C and protein to support absorption and body utilization

Nutritionist Zhang Weici further explains that collagen is the most abundant protein in the body, making up more than 30% of total protein. It plays an important role in maintaining skin elasticity, joint health, and tissue repair. However, if the consumption method is incorrect, even continuous supplementation may show no clear results.

Regarding consumption methods, it's recommended to choose small-molecule collagen peptides since they are small and absorb easily. The appropriate daily amount is approximately 2.5-10 grams, and you should take it continuously for 8-12 weeks before you start seeing results.

Besides timing, the time of consumption is also important. Taking it on an empty stomach helps improve absorption, while taking it before bed allows your body to utilize it during the repair process while you sleep.

Beyond direct collagen supplementation, getting accompanying nutrients is equally important. Vitamin C stimulates collagen synthesis, quality protein serves as raw material for tissue building, while minerals like zinc and copper also participate in the synthesis process.

However, certain daily habits can accelerate collagen breakdown. Zhang Weici warns that consuming high-sugar foods can cause glycation reactions that damage collagen structure. Late nights and smoking affect the body's repair capacity. Extended exposure to ultraviolet rays also causes collagen degradation. Therefore, if you neglect these factors, no matter how much product you supplement, you may not see the expected results.

No. 01 of Read at source → Next
Regional

Woman catches, punches peeping tom filming in Surat Thani toilet

A woman punched a teenage boy after catching him filming her in a petrol station toilet in Surat Thani on April 16; police later confirmed he had secretly recorded the incident before deleting the footage.

21 Apr The Thaiger South

Woman catches, punches peeping tom filming in Surat Thani toiletLegacyA woman punched a man after catching him filming her inside a toilet at a petrol station in Surat Thani on April 16, before police were called. The incident took place at a petrol station in Baan Na Doem district after a group of women were returning from Songkran celebrations and heading back to Khian Sa district. They stopped at the station to use the toilets and the convenience store. Prae, a 27 year old woman wearing a black shirt, said she noticed a mobile phone protruding from the next stall while she was in the toilet. At first, she thought one of her friends was playing a prank. However, after her group came out and realised everyone was already outside, they called for the person in the stall to come out. Nearly 10 minutes later, a teenage male emerged. Photo via DailyNews When questioned, the man initially denied filming and said he had been hiding in the toilet from another group of teenagers. Prae, who said she was angry about being recorded, then punched him several times as her friends tried to stop her. The confrontation was recorded by the women in the group. DailyNews reported that after they asked to see his phone, the screen displayed a message saying the images had been deleted. The group also found numerous searches for pornographic websites on his phone. However, he still denied filming secret videos in the toilet at that point. Convenience store staff and petrol station workers stepped in and called the police. A complaint was later filed at Baan Na Doem Police Station. Photo via DailyNews Police said the suspect later admitted he had secretly filmed inside the toilet, apologised, and said he had deleted the clip. His phone was confiscated, while the confrontation video was later posted online as a “warning”. Responding to online comments about her punches, Prae said she had previously trained in boxing for sport and self-defence. She also warned women using public toilets, especially those alone, to stay alert and pay close attention to their surroundings. Elsewhere, officers from the Cyber Crime Investigation Bureau arrested a Thai man in the southern province of Prachuap Khiri Khan for possessing and selling spycam pornography. Officials found 60,000 files of pornography in his possession. The story Woman catches, punches peeping tom filming in Surat Thani toilet as seen on Thaiger News.

No. 02 of Read at source → Next
National

Yala boy with special needs found dead in scrapyard car after four-day search

A 12-year-old boy with special needs, Yuttasak, was found dead in an abandoned scrapyard car in Yala province after going missing for four days. The boy's body was discovered inside a blue Ford sedan located about 800 meters from his home, with police suspecting he may have entered the vehicle to play or rest and died from oxygen deprivation in the heat. Authorities have not ruled out other possibilities and are conducting a full investigation including an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.

17 Apr The Thaiger South

Yala boy with special needs found dead in scrapyard car after four-day searchLegacyA 12 year old Thai boy with special needs was found dead in a scrap car about 800 metres away, four days after he went missing from his home in Yala province. The 38 year old mother, Wanida, reported the disappearance of her son, Yuttasak, also known as Best, to Yarom Police Station on April 12 after the boy went missing from their home in Soi Sub Anan in the Betong district in the afternoon on the day. Wanida told police that Best was a child with special needs who often played in the forest near the house or went fishing at Betong Canal. She said he had never been away from home for this long before. Wanida, relatives and locals searched for the boy but found no sign of him, leading her to file a police complaint. Photo via Amarin TV Rescuers from the Muslim Betong Foundation later found Best’s body in a vehicle scrapyard behind a garage located about 800 metres from his home. The discovery was made after rescuers noticed a foul smell while searching near the garage. They searched the area and found the boy inside a blue Ford sedan registered in Malaysia. KhaoSod reported that the vehicle was left at the garage by its Malaysian owner after it broke down. Police from Yarom Police Station said there were no signs of physical assault on the boy’s body. Investigators suspect Best may have entered the vehicle to play or rest before falling asleep in the heat. Photo via Amarin TV Police believe he may have died from a lack of oxygen, but his body was sent to the hospital for an autopsy to confirm the cause of death. Officers said the case has not yet been concluded. They collected fingerprints from the vehicle and have not ruled out other possibilities, including whether someone may have lured Best to the scene and attacked him. The story Yala boy with special needs found dead in scrapyard car after four-day search as seen on Thaiger News.

No. 03 of Read at source → Next
Regional

Mercedes driver doges petrol bill, station worker forced to cover costs

A woman in a white Mercedes-Benz allegedly fled a Hat Yai petrol station without paying a 1,000 baht fuel bill on April 6, leaving the 23-year-old employee to cover the loss from his daily wage of 350 baht.

9 Apr The Thaiger South

Mercedes driver doges petrol bill, station worker forced to cover costsLegacyA woman driving a white Mercedes-Benz allegedly left a petrol station in Thung Yai, Hat Yai, Songkhla, with a 1,000 baht fuel bill unpaid on April 6, leaving the employee to cover the cost himself. The incident occurred at 2.42pm when a woman aged around 30 to 35 arrived in a white Mercedes-Benz and asked to fill benzine 95 worth 2,000 baht. She reportedly later reduced the amount to 1,000 baht as the pump was dispensing slowly. Photo via Khaosod An employee, 23 year old Theerapong, said the woman attempted to pay using a mobile banking app on an iPhone. However, the transaction was not clearly confirmed due to a slow internet connection. The worker told her he would check the payment on the station’s system. While he walked to the cashier, the woman fled the petrol station and drove towards Kho Hong municipality at around 2.45pm. Photo via Naewna Theerapong said he did not pursue the vehicle as other customers were waiting. He later confirmed that the 1,000 baht payment had not been received, although payments from other customers were processed normally. He believes the payment was not completed and has asked the woman to return and pay the amount. He added that he earns 350 baht per day and would need to work three days without pay to cover the loss. If the woman does not come forward, he plans to file a police complaint, reported Khaosod. CCTV footage shows the vehicle entering the station at around 2.40pm and parking at pump No.1 before the refuelling took place. The footage also shows the moment the driver left while the employee was checking the payment. Photo via Naewna Elsewhere, a black Mitsubishi sedan was captured on CCTV at a Bangchak station in Khon Kaen refuelling with 1,000 baht of Gasohol 95, before the driver fled without paying. The petrol station is now using social media to seek information about the vehicle. The story Mercedes driver doges petrol bill, station worker forced to cover costs as seen on Thaiger News.

No. 04 of Read at source → Next
Regional

US military aircraft presence at Krabi Airport raises questions

Multiple US military aircraft including C-130s and MV-22 Ospreys operated at Krabi International Airport on April 7, prompting questions from residents about the purpose and authorization of the operations. The Royal Thai Air Force confirmed the flights were routine and conducted with proper diplomatic clearance and coordination with relevant Thai agencies. US officials stated the operations followed standard procedures and had no special military significance or link to regional conflicts.

8 Apr The Thaiger South

US military aircraft presence at Krabi Airport raises questionsLegacyResidents in Krabi have raised questions after multiple United States military aircraft were seen operating at Krabi International Airport yesterday, April 7, with frequent take-offs and landings reported throughout the day and night. Videos shared widely on social media showed several aircraft, including C-130, MV-22 Osprey and H-60 Seahawk, flying at low altitude and producing loud noise. Witnesses said the flights occurred dozens of times per day. Most passengers seen boarding and disembarking were dressed in clothing similar to military uniforms and used a separate terminal area from regular passengers. Locals said they had not previously seen this type of operation at the airport. Photo via Khaosod Online discussions quickly followed, with some questioning whether the flights were linked to a possible US military base on Thailand’s Andaman coast. Others speculated that US troops were being brought to Krabi to rest after taking part in the Middle East conflict. The presence of military aircraft at a commercial airport also raised questions about who authorised the operations and why Krabi Airport was used instead of a military base. The situation comes amid ongoing tensions involving the United States, Israel and Iran. Local reporters contacted Krabi International Airport for clarification but were not given details. Airport staff declined to comment and referred enquiries to an Air Force spokesperson. Khaosod reported that when first contacted, the spokesperson said they were not yet aware of the situation and did not provide further information. Photo via Thai Enquirer In an update today, April 8, multiple sources reported that Air Force spokesperson Air Vice Marshal Jakkrith Thammavichai said the flights had been carried out in line with all relevant procedures and regulations. He said the United States had submitted a diplomatic clearance request through the proper channels and that it had already been approved by the relevant Thai agencies. He added that coordination had also taken place with agencies in Krabi to ensure the operations were conducted in an orderly manner without affecting public safety or airport services.

The Royal Thai Air Force said the landings were routine and part of existing cooperation, with no special military significance. It added that the approvals followed the same standard conditions used for all countries and were not linked to any regional conflict. In similar news, US officials in Thailand denied allegations that a new American consulate in Chiang Mai was supplying weapons to rebel groups in neighbouring countries and is being used for covert military operations.

The story US military aircraft presence at Krabi Airport raises questions as seen on Thaiger News.

No. 05 of Read at source → Next
Regional

Vendor splashed with hot oil by another worker in Krabi mall

A 19-year-old drink vendor was injured on April 4 after being splashed with hot cooking oil by a coworker at a shopping mall in Krabi's Mueang district. The suspect, identified as Fon, allegedly threw the pot of oil intentionally and was detained by customers and police at the scene. The victim suffered burns to her torso and back and was taken to Krabi Hospital for treatment.

5 Apr The Thaiger South

Vendor splashed with hot oil by another worker in Krabi mallLegacyA drink vendor was injured yesterday, April 4, after another worker threw hot cooking oil at her in a shopping mall in Mueang district, Krabi, with police detaining the suspect at the scene. Rescue workers were alerted by mall staff and coordinated with police before arriving at the food court on the first floor, where they found the victim, 19 year old Rattika, waiting for assistance. She had suffered burns to the right side of her torso and back after being splashed with hot oil used for frying food. First aid was given before she was taken to Krabi Hospital. Rattika said she had been preparing to close her stall when the suspect, identified as Fon, who worked at a neighbouring stall in the same area, suddenly threw a pot of hot oil at her without warning. Photo via ONE News She said she did not know the cause, but the pair had previously argued on April 1 while she was speaking with a relative. During that incident, the suspect allegedly insulted her without a reason. A witness, who was a customer at the mall, said the suspect called out the victim’s name before throwing the oil, suggesting she may have intended to target the face. Khaosod reported that after the attack, the suspect attempted to flee but was stopped by male customers who helped detain her until police arrived. The witness said they were willing to testify. Police attempted to question the suspect at the scene, but she declined to give a statement and refused to be photographed before being taken to Mueang Krabi Police Station for legal proceedings. Photo via ONE News Elsewhere, a man is seeking justice after suffering severe burns from a hot pot at a popular Isan restaurant. Despite evidence of faulty equipment, the restaurant’s insurer refused full compensation, claiming “contributory negligence” because the customer put too many ingredients into the pot. The story Vendor splashed with hot oil by another worker in Krabi mall as seen on Thaiger News.

No. 06 of Read at source → Next
Local

Ceremony to Distribute Royal Flood Relief Supplies to Local Residents

Local authorities in Ko Lanta held a ceremony on March 24 to distribute royal flood relief supplies to affected residents in Ban Thung Yee Pheng village. The distribution was coordinated by Krabi Governor Angkur Silathewaakul and Ko Lanta District officials to assist flood victims in the community.

24 Mar Ko Lanta Police

On March 24, 2569 (2026) at approximately 2:00 PM, under the direction of Angkur Silathewaakul, Governor of Krabi Province, Sakda Seedaeng, District Officer of Ko Lanta, Police Major Sirithum Naakwonrun, Commander of Ko Lanta Police Station, and Police Lieutenant Chatchai Choonuarong, Deputy Commander of Ko Lanta Police Station 20, organized a ceremony to distribute royal flood relief supplies to residents of Moo 4, Ban Thung Yee Pheng, Saladam Subdistrict, Ko Lanta District, Krabi Province.

No. 07 of Read at source → Next
Local

Crackdown on Crime: Targeting Firearms and Ammunition Offenders March 20-31, 2026

Ko Lanta police conducted a late-night crime crackdown on March 22, 2026, targeting drug trafficking and illegal firearms possession in a coordinated operation involving 20 traffic officers and community volunteers. Checkpoints were set up at the ferry pier in Ko Lanta Noi Subdistrict, though no contraband was discovered during the search.

22 Mar Ko Lanta Police

On March 22, 2026, from 9:30 PM to 11:50 PM, under the command of Pol. Col. Siritham Nakhaworn, Chief of Ko Lanta Police Station, and Pol. Lt. Col. Chatchai Choo Nu, Deputy Chief of Ko Lanta District Police, Pol. Lt. Col. Sathaporn Chonsakhon, Inspector of Ko Lanta Police Station, was assigned to lead a team of 20 traffic officers, public service units from Ko Lanta Noi Subdistrict, and volunteer security personnel. Checkpoints were established at the ferry pier area in Moo 2, Ko Lanta Noi Subdistrict, Ko Lanta District, to conduct searches for narcotics, firearms, and other illegal items. No illegal items were found during the operation.

No. 08 of Read at source → Next
Community

Officials Meet with Residents During Ramadan Fasting Month

Police officials distributed dried dates and essential goods to religious leaders at Baanlobar Mosque on Ko Lanta during Ramadan, strengthening ties between law enforcement and the Muslim community.

18 Mar Ko Lanta Police

On March 16, 2026 at 6:00 PM, Pol.Col. Sirithum Nakworn (Commander of Ko Lanta Police Station), Pol.Maj. Muhammad Damuna (Deputy Commander of Ko Lanta Police Station), and Lt.Col. Watthana Krarai (Deputy Chief of Krabi Provincial Police) joined a community engagement activity during Ramadan. They distributed dried dates and essential consumer goods to religious leaders at Baanlobar Mosque in Moo 3, Saladam Subdistrict, Ko Lanta District, Krabi Province, for breaking the fast during Ramadan—an important month of religious observance in Islam. The initiative aims to foster positive relationships between the community and government agencies.

No. 09 of Read at source → Next
Loading more…
Endless reading Scroll to read. When you reach the bottom, keep scrolling. A bar fills, and the next story slides in when it's full.
↑ ↓ or Space