Desperate Father Flies Home from South Korea After 3-Year-Old's Bruises Spark School Abuse Allegations
A father working in South Korea rushed home to Udon Thani after his 3-year-old son showed bruising and claimed abuse at his new private school. The teacher denied pinching the child, saying she only held him firmly because he was stubborn, and security footage appeared to support her account. The father, while disappointed by the evidence, decided to withdraw his son immediately to ensure his child's wellbeing and safety.
On May 14, 2025, Nab, 37, flew urgently from South Korea after his 3-year-old-and-8-month-old son developed bruising on his arm following just two days at a prestigious private school. The boy refused to return to school and told his father he had been hit. When questioned, the teacher insisted she had not pinched the child but only held him because he was misbehaving, joking that she had no fingernails to pinch with. Nab, who works in South Korea but speaks to his son daily, was devastated by the incident and immediately took leave from work.
School officials, accompanied by Udon Thani provincial education officers, reviewed closed-circuit footage with the parents. The security video showed no evidence of pinching or abuse, though all parties acknowledged the teacher may have lifted the boy incorrectly, possibly causing the marks. The school administration stated the matter was being taken seriously and would retrain all staff on proper child handling procedures.
After viewing the footage, Nab acknowledged the school's explanation but remained troubled by the discrepancy between the bruises and the explanation. He said the marks appeared inconsistent with simply being held. He emphasized he was not accusing anyone but wanted to wait for an official medical examination to determine the true cause of the injuries.
Regarding institutional responsibility, Nab viewed the incident as a personal matter rather than a systemic school problem. However, after seeing the security footage and being emotionally overwhelmed, he decided with his wife to immediately withdraw and transfer their son to another school. Despite recognizing the school's good systems, he prioritized his child's peace of mind and wellbeing. He thanked social media supporters for their encouragement, explaining he posted publicly as a father protecting his child, and acknowledged his family is currently in severe emotional distress.